Unanswered: Vertical Label in a Report

As you know, Access 2000 and XP have a property for a report label: Vertical.

So I created a label in a report (copy and paste from an adjacent label that works fine hroizontally). I increased the height. However the caption is not displayed either with print preview or print (other labels show up fine horizontally).

What is wrong?

[Windows XP Pro with Access XP running an Access 2000 db]
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Does the caption include any carriage returns? What happens if you expand the height and width to something enourmous - can you see it then?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Good questions. No carriage returns. Yes i have expanded the control size, I have changed the font, font weight, font size, etc. No luck.

Problem still exists.

Not much more to suggest then but to put it down to a bug and recreate. If you are really keen to figure out why you could post the db (removing any sensitive info and extraneous objects of course) and we could have a look
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

suggested work-around solution.

Anyone else aware of problems with vertical labels not being visible? Not that I like the design (I think that text orientation starts in the top right and the label comes down).

Thanks, pootle flump (if that is your real name), for your input so far. Take a stab at it. See attached zip.

Solution: I noticed in a database I made several years ago that I used excel to make verticle labels as column headers then copied and pasted onto my access report. It is a pain, if you are a perfectionist, or if the report changes, but it allows you to have nice vertical labels in an Access report.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Hi John (if that is your real name - sounds a bit fishy to me )

Looks fine as far as I can tell - you getting the attached?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vert.gif  
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I'm new with all this. However, if I understand what you're asking, it's an easy fix.
    Go to the report, (in design view) right click on the label, go to Properties, go to "other" tab, then where it says vertical change to yes or no as needed.

vertical labels made in excel and pasted into access report.

Thanks for your input Christina. We're past that however.

And as for you my British Buddy, what in the world?!? How did you get that result? My home environment and work environment are both windows XP, Access xp, and I have dual monitors set up. I wonder what is prohibiting the display of vertical text in an Access report? Thanks for the attached picture. I could see your report results. But my print preview and actual printed report don't show the vertical label.

Regardless, even if I could get it to work for me... I've decided to revert back to the workaround solution I suggested above (see blue text). Not only does it work, but it gives a more readable, aesthetic result.

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vertical Labels.jpg  
    Last edited by jpshay; 03-10-06 at 12:58. Reason: see attached picture of vertical labels