Unanswered: Is it possible to bind a "default" schema to a user?

Hi,

I'm quite new on the db2-terrain. If got this problem, in my pro-c code, i would like to call a specific "to_char" function. The problem is, everytime i run the precompiler, it says the sysibm.to_char function is not compatible to the parameters...etc. etc. Thats correct, in my schema i changed the to_char function.

Now, one solution would be, to simply write <schema>.to_char, but thats something i'd like to avoid, cause the application should not be bind to one special schema.

Is there anything db2-specific, with which i can force the db2 precompiler to use the user's schema?

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 5
    Please give DB2 version and OS.

Look in the manual for "CURRENT PATH" special register. You should be able to change it through the "SET PATH" statement. Something like:

SET PATH = <schema>, CURRENT PATH

HTH

Andy

Hi,

OS = Win2k
    DB2 = 8.2

I tried to set the schema with the "set schema" command, but still, if I call my own "to_char" function, the precompiler uses the sysibm.to_char function instead and reports an error because the parameters won't fit. Which in fact is correct, but I don't get why the precompiler does not use my function.
    For example, if there is no function with the same name in the sysibm schema, the precompiler uses my function.

Please re-read Andy's post.

It is not set schema, but set path.

Routines (SPs and UDFs) use the CURRENT PATH special register and NOT Current Schema

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I also tried it with set path, but the changes i made won't be saved. Its a bit strange in my opinion, because I set the path -> works fine; I re-read the path -> works fine, the path changed. But as soon as i close the db2cmd and reopen it, I get the old path value. Is this a normal behaviour ?

Yes, it is the normal behaviour.

You may want to put this as part of a config file, at appl level or say, in db2cli.ini
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Ah, okay - thanks to both of you