format of website quotation

Hi,
    Can anybody provide me some format of Simple website quotation?
    I mean,how to write a quotation about a simply website...
    1.Home page ( one flash banner...some graphics)
    2.Link pages 14 pages
    3.hosting charges
    4.Domain Registration charges

If anybody suggest me something regarding this, I would be really grateful to him/her.
    Thanks!!
    Joydeep
    Last edited by rudra; 03-10-06 at 14:58. Reason: mistakes in words

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    Hi,
    Can anybody provide me some format of Simple website quotation?
    I mean,how to write a quotation about a simply website...
    1.Home page ( one flash banner...some graphics)
    2.Link pages 14 pages
    3.hosting charges
    4.Domain Registration charges

If anybody suggest me something regarding this, I would be really grateful to him/her.
    Thanks!!
    Joydeep
    I simnply don't understand what you are after. Is this the format of how to cite a website in a bibliography of a paper?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

no, he's looking for how to write a quote for developing a web site

as in, "it will cost you $500 for the web site, with detailed charges as follows..."
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    no, he's looking for how to write a quote for developing a web site

as in, "it will cost you $500 for the web site, with detailed charges as follows..."
    yeaa ,you got it.I want just the way how to write a quote for a simple website....
    Any suggestions will be helpful for me..
    Thanks!!
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by loquin
    I simnply don't understand what you are after. Is this the format of how to cite a website in a bibliography of a paper?
    Hi loquin,
    Well, I have already changed the title of the post.Please see the original post header.
    I changed the title 'Quotation website format' to 'format of website quotation', just after creating the post.
    But the chitchat post index is not getting updated.Why I don't know,It may be some technical problem of the site.
    r937 rightly mentioned the thing I want? Any suggestions will be helpful ?
    Thanks!!
    Joydeep
    Last edited by rudra; 03-10-06 at 23:27.

is there noone to help me?...

The biggest problem that I see is that websites are hugely variable. Things are a lot different for setting up a personal site, versus a non-profit organization, versus a small business with a pure static site, versus a small business with an adaptive site (where the site models itself to suit a user's recent usage), versus a technology site (where the user is expected to have very high expectations), etc. Each kind of site is quite different, with radically different set up needs...

I couldn't imagine how I'd set up a single pricing schedule that would make any sense to all of my target markets, and if I'm going to have to decide what kind of market they are and how my form should be filled out for their needs, why not go a tiny bit further and provide them with a fully customized quotation that will be more appealing to the customer and much harder for the "one size fits all" site builder to compete against? This gives me a quote that is much easier to sell, and my competitors a much "smaller target" to hit with a competing quote.

If you're looking to set up a "site market", where you offer quick and easy setup of a very simple nature for mostly customers of one type, then you've got a different problem. I'd strongly recommend that you find an ISP/hosting service that you prefer, then become a reseller for their services. This is beneficial in several ways, not the least of which is that you become involved in the ongoing evolution of the site itself, and you also get ongoing revenue from the sites you create on a month-to-month basis. If you do this, then you can also get pricing information from the hosting service that will help you set your design rates, and can probably get free (or very low cost) advertising/placement services too.

-PatP

nice writeup, pat -- i don't know where you find the time, all i can manage is one or two short sentences per reply

say, would you be interested in writing about sql again? i've got two new web sites that i'm just starting up, and i think i'll use up to publish articles from trusted sources (i.e. i get to vet who writes them)

contact me via my site if you're interested
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    The biggest problem that I see is that websites are hugely variable. Things are a lot different for setting up a personal site, versus a non-profit organization, versus a small business with a pure static site, versus a small business with an adaptive site (where the site models itself to suit a user's recent usage), versus a technology site (where the user is expected to have very high expectations), etc. Each kind of site is quite different, with radically different set up needs...

-PatP
    Hi Pat,
    I must tell you one thing,we need a bunch of people like you and the world will changed .It was really helpful ,yea I am setting up a site where user would come and choose their customized quotations.I consulted a no of existing sites.But none was impressive. I am on my way to finalize a format.
    Thanks a lot for those words.
    Thank You!!
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    say, would you be interested in writing about sql again? i've got two new web sites that i'm just starting up, and i think i'll use up to publish articles from trusted sources (i.e. i get to vet who writes them)

contact me via my site if you're interested
    I'd love to, but I'm forbidden from doing anything for payment by another contract. That was a large part of the problem that I had at the last "Expert" gig (but then you knew that).

I'm planning to do some stuff for SQLKit as soon as time allows. You were actually the inspiration (in a thread here) for the first article that I'm planning, that will go into how set theory applies (and in some cases does NOT apply) to SQL.

-PatP

did i mention payment? i did not

it would be strictly for the love of writing about sql

if you can write for sqlkit, i'd be happy to republish it, if you agree

but i would definitely like to put my dibs in for your next oeuvre

rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    I must tell you one thing,we need a bunch of people like you and the world will changed.
    No doubt, the world would be a better place if there were more DBAs. That's why I'm starting a new organization called "DBAs For Peace". Our first mission will be to Iraq, where we will use the same skills and techniques we use in handling developers and project managers, but with the aim of promoting reconciliation between the Sunnis and the Shiites.

Who's with me?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I have an extra ticket...
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Our first mission will be to Iraq,
    Thats a very bad idea,make it Mars I am with you.I don't think Bravery is a act of meetings with sudden death,and who is listening,...Laden??
    Now he will have a new type of hostages,DBAs....
    Last edited by rudra; 03-13-06 at 02:27.