Thread: Error running forms 10g on OC4J
03-12-06, 17:19 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
Unanswered: Error running forms 10g on OC4J
I installed Oracle DB 10g and Developer Suite 10g (did not install Ap. Server) at the same machine (different homes), everything seemed to be OK, I use sqlplus with no problems, then I did this:
1) Created a table with just one field
2) Created a test form with Forms 10g using wizard with just that table and that field (I connect to oracle with no problems on forms builder)
3) Started OC4J Instance (but i have to leave the command prompt opened to run well)
4) When I run the form, it opens Internet explorer then shows Oracle application server forms service, but with this message ORA-12560 TNS: Protocol Adapter error, I click OK and ask me for a user and password, but the same error!!
IS there any configuration that I have to do on OC4J?? Why I can connect to oracle from sqlplus, enterprise manager and so, but it fails running forms, specifically when open OC4J???
Thanks in advance
03-12-06, 17:57 #2Registered User
Provided Answers: 1
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
>Why I can connect to oracle from sqlplus, enterprise manager and so, but it fails running forms, specifically when open OC4J???
Because they reside in different "ORACLE_HOME" trees & contain different *ora files.
oerr ora 12560
12560, 00000, "TNSrotocol adapter error"
// *Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.
// *Action: Check addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before
// reporting this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level
// transport errors. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the
// operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete.You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
The average person thinks he's above average!
For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.