Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Photo Album for Dbforums Members

Hi,
    I think there should be a photo album for the dbforums members including the moderators.I have seen Rudy,Pat but most of us are mere names.Photo Album will be a nice thing to communicate with each other better,what do u think guys???
    Joydeep
    Last edited by rudra; 03-13-06 at 02:50. Reason: mistakes in words

The big problem that I see with that is the when/where/how issue... Right now, DBForums is not configured to support Avatars, which would allow us to post our picture as part of our signature. My suspicion is that the site owners/management would not be enthused about adding them, since they take up a lot of bandwidth without adding a lot to the browsing experience for most users.

I suppose that we could create a "rogue's gallery" post, and sticky it somewhere to allow pictures to be posted/referenced as needed if it was generally thought to be useful. We'd need to get the blessing of the site management if we wanted to do that, but I'm pretty sure that they'd be Ok with that idea.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    I suppose that we could create a "rogue's gallery" post, and sticky it somewhere to allow pictures to be posted/referenced as needed if it was generally thought to be useful. We'd need to get the blessing of the site management if we wanted to do that, but I'm pretty sure that they'd be Ok with that idea.

-PatP
    The site management could think over it.
    I think these guidelines will help a lot....
    • No body will be allowed to post pictures of other members, or disclose information about them that they don't want to share; so don't post pictures of other members if you have such;

• Uploading pictures having more than 50-75 KB will not be supported. That will save time and space.

• Pictures of pets, cars, bikes, bottle of beers unless you also are in the picture. Pictures with you alongside wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, brother/sister, etc. are welcomed. Obviously, cartoon pictures or movie action heros or others also fall into the non-posting category.

• This is how we will get to know each others better, so we will try not to make fun of people based on the photos posted here.

• A picture can be directly displayed only if it is the only attachment to a post. If there are more than one attached files, you have to click on a link to see them.

Joydeep

I leave enough incriminating information on this site without posting my personal likeless thanks....
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Some of us have posted ourselves on Frapper:

http://www.frappr.com/dbforums
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

it rould be like dbforums "are you hot?". remember that. excellant. Maybe we can have a bikini section. I am sure you are all fine physical specimans.

I try to keep as many specific peices of data about myself off the internet as possible. percise employer, address, and phone number etc... Although my sister and mother (who are listed) have a bad habit of giving out my phone number to ex-girlfriends when they call.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    it rould be like dbforums "are you hot?". remember that. excellant. Maybe we can have a bikini section. I am sure you are all fine physical specimans.

I try to keep as many specific peices of data about myself off the internet as possible. percise employer, address, and phone number etc... Although my sister and mother (who are listed) have a bad habit of giving out my phone number to ex-girlfriends when they call.
    personal data are for your girl friends,oops sorry,ex-girlfriends ,we don't need that...
    I think a little normalize form of your original pic should do the trick...
    BREAK the notion... "DBAs are generally old guys"
    Joydeep

. . . I am sure you are all fine physical specimans. . .
    Here's one of me in a permathong prototype.

Me in a thong.
    Have a community? Have questions?

I can only imagine what kind of search strings you must type into google to come across such websites...
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    BREAK the notion... "DBAs are generally old guys"
    Joydeep
    I am the only non-foriegn woman on my db team of 6.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I am the only non-foreign woman on my db team of 6.
    Really ,was it a googlie? Or a chinaman? Just bowled out
    I am weak in gender field insert...oops !!
    Great !! Thrasymachus Thats really great
    Joydeep
    Last edited by rudra; 03-13-06 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    I can only imagine what kind of search strings you must type into google to come across such websites...

Especially since you own such website

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    Especially since you own such website
    I think he is brave enough to show his favourite passtime
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Here's one of me in a permathong prototype.

Me in a thong.
    I tried to report the above posting to the site administrator, but it was refused - any ideas as to how I can report such postings

"Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells"
    Last edited by healdem; 03-14-06 at 10:45.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

/me waits to see healdem Account Disabled