Unanswered: Access 2003 - Division/Invoice or sum

Hello,

Basically i have a figure say in table A(Electricity Bill for HouseholdS) of 100, and in table B(tenant details) i have bout 10 people (with the fields: Name, Address, Post Code etc. etc)

Now say i have 5 people living at 21 Roebuck Road, Wales, and would like to divide the sum (100 in table a) between the 5 that live at 21 Roebuck Road

How would i come around this?

I would of thought about query, but not 100% sure if thats the correct way going around this?

Any help would be great, Thank you for your time !

Hi Mesh

Welcome to the forum

That looks like a funny database design from here - did you come up with those tables or were they given to you as part of the assignment?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Hi Mesh

Welcome to the forum

That looks like a funny database design from here - did you come up with those tables or were they given to you as part of the assignment?
    Flumpster can really sniff out the schoolwork ... Gold Star for you ...

Mesh: A query would be better than doing it by hand now wouldn't it??? Although you could make a recursive function invoking Moore's law to double your throughput to make the function really hum ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

its a bizcom idea im a uni student doin accounting so not very good at this database idea, just want to no if its possible and if so how i wud get the division done

Your original question applies here ... You will need to protect/test for "divide by 0" tho ... And that is simple too ... Ahem: time to hit the books/Access Help don't you think?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...