Unanswered: database restore: deleted accidently

Problem: Database dropped accidently. Tables were Innodb.
    Backup: Just before dropping the database, I had copied MySQL folder in another drive

Can anyone please help me in restoring the database and populate it with earlier entries??

Problem: Database dropped accidently. Tables were Innodb.
    Backup: Just before dropping the database, I had copied MySQL folder in another drive
    From what I remember (so this could be way off...):
    Innodb stores the data in a large file called something like ibdata. The .frm files just contain information about the table structures. (There are other files for indexes as well, but I think they might just be for MyISAM.) So, if all you have are the .frm files and no other form of backup, then you're most likely S.O.L.

This happened to me a few months ago. Unfortunately I can't remember all of the details, though. After a few days working on it we ended up having to restore from an older backup.

There was some pretty good info in the mysql forums and lots of "possible" solutions (though none worked for my situation), so try running a few searches over there. Or this.
    Last edited by jfulton; 03-22-06 at 11:00.

Thanks.
    But all tables were innoDB and I have read from forums that I can restore it using ibdata1.
    But when I am copying ibdata1 to mysql/data and frm files to mysql/data/db, database is not starting.
    Would appreciate if can get some help.