Question Unanswered: Searching by subform

Hi guys I have two subforms bound to one main form and I am trying to get it to where the users can search by subform as well as the main form does anyone have any idea how I can do that??

can u elaborate a bit more .. means how should ur search look like .. specific fields, RMB-Menu etc.

Cool Ok let me elaborate

In the picture below you see a main form and a tabcontrol with two subforms on it, what I would like to do is make is so the users can search by First Name or Last Name which resides in the (Subject Subform). right now I'm using the Find And Replace command button microsoft provides but that doesnt seach by subforms as well as the mainform. I want to provide a search with different options basically and have the results appear in the form just as they would with the Find and Replace Search. Does that make sense?? the primary table is the Reports table(Incident Reports) which has the Subject and Victim as the child tables. any ideas on how to do this??
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.

Cool Ok let me elaborate

In the picture below you see a main form and a tabcontrol with two subforms on it, what I would like to do is make is so the users can search by First Name or Last Name which resides in the (Subject Subform). right now I'm using the Find And Replace command button microsoft provides but that doesnt seach by subforms as well as the mainform. I want to provide a search with different options basically and have the results appear in the form just as they would with the Find and Replace Search. Does that make sense?? the primary table is the Reports table(Incident Reports) which has the Subject and Victim as the child tables. any ideas on how to do this??

Nevermind

Nevermind I had to unlink the child table from the main form, I didnt want to but thats what I had to do

sorry .. was da*n busy this week. if u still need support i can check nxt wk.

rgds
    bachatero

Thank you

Thanks bachatero I appreciate it, I dont suppose you know of where I can find information on how to create your own Search forms like the find and replace Microsoft puts in access and all their apps. I would like to create something that looks up data for my users without the find and replace options