Unanswered: btrieve error 46 with 9.1

Hi,

after installing trial version of Pervasive 9.1 Workgroup (old was 8.7 (SP3) and functioned correctly) i'm having problems with "administration" of my old database. Whatever change in procedures, tables or triggers i try to save, i keep getting the "access denied" (dictionay files??) error. I can do all this on sample databases, that come with 9.1. Should i convert ( ) old database into 9.1 ??

Thanks for suggestions, i'm lost.

Andrej

Provided Answers: 4
    Are the files in 5.x format? V9 drops write support for 5.x files. The files need to be in at least 6.x format in v9.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

5.x Btrieve files? I'm sure they are, since this is an old btrieve "database". How can i convert 5.x to 6 DDF files? Should i use BRebuild?

After rebuilding files into 9.x format, everything is back to normal. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 4
    Yes, you can use the Rebuild utility to convert the files from 5.x to a newer format.
    You can check the files to see what format they are in by using BUTIL and issuing a -STAT operation (type BUTIL -STAT at the command prompt for the exact command syntax). The STAT will show the file version (among other information).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.