Question Unanswered: Cascading combo not editing?

Hi, I have been at this for a 1 week and I am stuck. I am able to see the items in combo boxes but it will not allow me to select the items. I have searched this forum and the web and not able to see my error.

If someone could please take a look at my db and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    You can't bind your combobox and be able to select a value form the drop down. You have to make it unbound and update the record accordingly in the afterupdate event of the combobox. Also, get rid of your .requery statements in the oncurrent and afterupdate events.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

That is what I thought when I was following the MS knowledge base but it never updated the record. I will go back and try what you suggest

Provided Answers: 1
    It's not exactly intuitive. YOU have to update the record after the combobox fires, it's a little goofy.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    It's not exactly intuitive. YOU have to update the record after the combobox fires, it's a little goofy.
    I think I must be having a similiar issue with my combo boxes. I have three boxes based on each other in succession. When I enter a record everything works great, then I go to the next record and make a different selection in the first box which should bring up a different set of choices in the second box, but it doesn't. Going form form view to spreadsheet sometimes allows the switch over to occur, but most of the time I have to close the form. Its really annoying.

When it comes to code I am a newbie, so could you explain in minute detail!

Thanks.

Marybeth