Unanswered: PostgreSQL - Difference between Window and Linux

Hi Every Body
    I'm study about the PostgreSQL difference between Window and Linux. I've used PostgreSQL- version on Window but I've not used version on Linux.If you have any resource about it, please send to me
    Thanhks

I know one difference has to do with the file system. PostgreSQL should not be run on Windows FAT but rather on NTFS, for reliability reasons. Such issues don't apparently apply to Linux. Another has to do with Windows Write Ahead "feature", which can also affect reliability in the event of a system crash. A trivial difference is that PostgreSQL files have different locations in the two systems. There are other differences - it took quite a while to get PostgreSQL ported to Windows, but I don't know the details. Hope that is a start.

Thank ByteRyder52
    When I read threads in forum, Everybody say that: In linux, postgre perform better than in Window.What is reason?. And in Linux, postgre is more secury?
    Can you explain for me?

I really don't know much more about it. There was recently a security patch for PostgreSQL Windows - it seems Windows has some specific vulnerabilities that Linux doesn't. Regarding performance, I don't know of any direct comparisons between Windows and Linux versions. Yesterday, on the PostgreSQL general discussion group, there was mention that Windows does not support UTF-8 encoding as well as Linux and this may cause performance issues.

Perhaps if you posted a question on the discussion group on the PostgreSQL website, some of the folks, like Tom Lane, there might have answers. They are the developers and so are the most familiar with the issues.