Unanswered: locking a form section

I would like to lock a section(the detail section to be specific) on a form via VBA. I will lock it based on which User is currently using the database. I already can pass the User to the form, I just want to be able to lock a section rather than having to lock each individual control.
    Thanks

sadly, Mr. Gates did not anticipate this 100% rational requirement.
    either you loop through the controls or you lock the whole form (or, like me, you live in unbound forms so nothing gets saved unless you save it)

izy

forgot to mention that my "Detail" is 100%-always a subform --- no issue to lock the entire subform.
    currently using SS 2008R2

I just don't know if you can ... The Detail section of a Continuous form doesn't have any useful exposed events (one that do not need explicit firing) where you could put a Locked assignment ...

Another way of looking at this problem is to assume that no one can access (default each control to locked) and with the right permission allow edit for those controls you desire (Hint: I do this very thing myself) ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 1
    This too:

Code:
    Private Sub btnLockDetail_Click()
    Dim varItem As Variant

For Each varItem In Me.Detail.Controls
        If varItem.ControlType <> acLabel Then
            varItem.Enabled = False
        End If
    Next varItem

End Sub
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Ted: Touche!
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I know it isn't part of the question but... sometimes you want to "group" controls that are otherwise unrelated (i.e. cannot necessarily lock all the controls in the same section). In that case I tend to use the Tag property of the controls (remember you can select a load of them in design view and update their tag property in one go). Loop though the controls as Teddy demostrated and read the tag property as you go - set the locking appropriate to the logic you use setting the tag.

Thought I'd mention in case of interest.... now I've reached the end I've realised the answer is "probably not"

DIT - BTW Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    my "Detail" is 100%-always a subform --- no issue to lock the entire subform.
    Is this just a disconnected thing (as I know from a previous post your "header" records are draw one record at a time from the record souce)?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.