Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Red face Unanswered: query from mssql to sybase sucks


    I got a big problem. I try to run a query on ms query analyzer or my .net-app, but in both cause, it wouldn't work. when i run the query in ms query analyzer it returns me this error-message:

    Der aktuelle Zeilenwert der [verkauf_online]..[hs].[std_ftext].text-Spalte konnte nicht vom OLE DB-Provider 'MSDASQL' gelesen werden.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: Die angeforderte Konvertierung wird nicht unterstützt.]
    OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowset::GetData returned 0x80040e1d].

    sorry, its in german, i know but the most important fact is, that a conversion failed. i tried to read a text-field from a sybase asa-8-database which is linked with a ms sql-server 2000. I tried to find out more about the error-messe an the error-code (x80040e1d) but i couldn't find anything helpful.

    Now, I just hope some of you can maybe help me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    The Dark Planet
    What I would probably do to avoid such conversion errors would be to make a view in Sybase which has all columns as varchar( or equivalent in sybase) and then query this view.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

    order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    thanks, but...

    thanks very much, but...

    ...I am not the dba from the sybase db, just the guy who should extract some data from it.

    Another way is a odbc-connection in but the i got 2 db-connections, also 2 times more to do, 2 times more problems, etc. you know what i mean...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts