Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2

    Red face Unanswered: query from mssql to sybase sucks

    Hi,

    I got a big problem. I try to run a query on ms query analyzer or my .net-app, but in both cause, it wouldn't work. when i run the query in ms query analyzer it returns me this error-message:

    Der aktuelle Zeilenwert der [verkauf_online]..[hs].[std_ftext].text-Spalte konnte nicht vom OLE DB-Provider 'MSDASQL' gelesen werden.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: Die angeforderte Konvertierung wird nicht unterstützt.]
    OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowset::GetData returned 0x80040e1d].

    sorry, its in german, i know but the most important fact is, that a conversion failed. i tried to read a text-field from a sybase asa-8-database which is linked with a ms sql-server 2000. I tried to find out more about the error-messe an the error-code (x80040e1d) but i couldn't find anything helpful.

    Now, I just hope some of you can maybe help me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Dark Planet
    Posts
    1,401
    What I would probably do to avoid such conversion errors would be to make a view in Sybase which has all columns as varchar( or equivalent in sybase) and then query this view.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

    order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2

    thanks, but...

    thanks very much, but...


    ...I am not the dba from the sybase db, just the guy who should extract some data from it.

    Another way is a odbc-connection in vs.net but the i got 2 db-connections, also 2 times more to do, 2 times more problems, etc. you know what i mean...

    Carsten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •