Unanswered: Export Access Query to Multiple Worksheets

Can anyone help with this? (Not too sure if this is an Access problem or Excel)

I have an Access Query, which I want to export into Excel, but I would like it to create different worksheets based on grouped information;

ie, the field i need it grouped by is called Town/City, what I would like it to do is to create a worksheet for each Town/City listed and place corresponding data in each worksheet.

I am aware its possible to do this if I had seperate queries for each Town/city and then run them all via a Macro, but that means creating new queries each time a new city is added.

Is this at all possible?

your lucky day

Ha, ive spent the last month trying to work this out and ive only just got it.

Your going to need to modify it abit, I havent tested it fully yet but it should work for you.

Heres a test database, pull out of it what you want. One problem you may run into is this was written on Access 2003, if you get an error then goto:

Build Event --> Tools --> References --> And unselect Excel Object 11.0, instead replace it with Excel Object 9.0 (for Access 2000) or Object 10.0 (for Access XP).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Attached Files Attached Files

I tried to download your test file for the query to multiple sheets, but get a error message that the file or folder is corrupted and it wont open.