Unanswered: Exporting Access reports question

Hello,

I have a report in Access (based on a query) which I would like to export and send to another user to import into her Access database.

I have tried using XML to export, but this doesn't bring the report in as a report, but rather as a table.

Suggestions anyone?

Provided Answers: 59
    Hi, and welcome to the forum
    you can export reports using file | export or file import
    probably the easiest solution is to create a blank database and then import the report, and the underlying queries into the db. depening on how your app is desinged you may alsoe need to import the data, or relink the data.
    your colleague will then need to import the report and any other guff on receipt
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks! Ok, so then I will need to send my colleague the blank database so that she can export the report (and the query) from it, and into her database?

She has the data, and the tables on which the queries are based, so that part is fine. I just need to send her the query and the report, so that she can import them and run the report.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    Hi, and welcome to the forum
    you can export reports using file | export or file import
    probably the easiest solution is to create a blank database and then import the report, and the underlying queries into the db. depening on how your app is desinged you may alsoe need to import the data, or relink the data.
    your colleague will then need to import the report and any other guff on receipt