Unanswered: dos foxpro shuts down immediately in winxp

I have some reports that I had written in old foxpro for dos. They were working fine until I got a newer computer. Now, when I go to start foxpro, the program begins to load then immediately shuts down. I've tried everything under properties - changed to every compatibility mode, messed around with memory settings, etc. Nothing seems to work. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know!

You can even send me an email:

barrygmoore@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Barry

Foxpro startup problems

I suspect you are getting the divide by zero error common on processors clocking faster than 300MhZ.

See this thread on DBforum:

http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-405245.html

This Microsoft patch is mentioned in above thread but don't know if it will fix the problem with Foxpro DOS:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q240982

I experienced a similar problem with Clipper when we migrated to faster PCs. Found an object file '__wait_b.obj' to link in - works fine.

Hello,
    I have the ageold Foxpro 2.6 on Windows Xp and I spents days getting patch26 to run it on faster processor with no luck. Microsoft has removed it from their site. Can anyone please help me get this file. I am really in bad shape without it. Please help.
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    The problem with your search for the 'fix' file is that you had the name wrong.
    It is Patch_26.exe (note the addition of the underline).

If you had done a Google search for: Patch_26 Foxpro Download you would have found a few.

One I found out of that list was: FoxPro links - -| Dave's site |-

Good Luck

One thing to note about using the Patch, you apply it to all of your Foxpro exe's - that's the development exe's and, if you have your application compiled into an exe, that one as well

Good Luck

Also there is another OLD Foxpro 'patch' tool to address the "Divide By Zero" problem:
    DZPATCH.EXE

It has been so long since I last used them I forget which one worked better, but one of them worked better than the other.

Good Luck