Unanswered: Primary Key and Replication Server

Hi,
    i have a little question about warm stand by replication and primary keys.
    if we don't have a repdef file, does sybase use the primary key defined for the tables to proceed the update orders or does it use all the fields for that ?
    if it uses the primary key, which one can it use ? the one define by a constraint or the other define by the sp_primarykey procedure ?
    my final (and first indeed) question is : can he use one if the other is not declared ?

thx

With warm standby, if there is no repdef then rows are identified using all columns in the table. The repserver has no hook into the ASE to identify unique indexes, primary keys, etc itself.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by err1
    Hi,
    i have a little question about warm stand by replication and primary keys.
    if we don't have a repdef file, does sybase use the primary key defined for the tables to proceed the update orders or does it use all the fields for that ?
    if it uses the primary key, which one can it use ? the one define by a constraint or the other define by the sp_primarykey procedure ?
    my final (and first indeed) question is : can he use one if the other is not declared ?

thx
    If you do not have a rep def RS uses all the columns (except text). You define the key in the rep def and I do not think it has to have a unique constraint/index on it.