Unanswered: is it possible to define in PostgreSQL linked tables to odbc data sources

is it possible to define in PostgreSQL linked tables to odbc data sources as it is possible to do in access?
    except Access and VFP, is there another database that allows to create linked tables to odbc data sources?

I need to combine in a database native tables with odbc linked tables, but it would need to use a database more powerful that access or vfp

The only thing I know if is dblink does allow queries of remote databases. There is more info about it under contrib/dblink on the PostgreSQL website.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeharo
    is it possible to define in PostgreSQL linked tables to odbc data sources as it is possible to do in access?
    except Access and VFP, is there another database that allows to create linked tables to odbc data sources?

I need to combine in a database native tables with odbc linked tables, but it would need to use a database more powerful that access or vfp
    I haven't tried it (dblink) with PostgreSQL.

MSDE/SQL server support remote servers to other databases. Use the sp_addlinkedserver stored procedure.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert