Unanswered: Table of contenst

Hello, This is not relate to access database. But I really need somebody’s help. I don’t where I can get the answer. We have whole bouch of document with different chapters. Then we create table of contents by hand. I knew the microsof word can create a table of contents with master document. But we don’t need to recreate the table of contents. Every year we just change serveral page of table of contents. If the new page of table of contents has more page. We will just add the page number as -1, -2 …. For example, we have page of table contents 34, 35. If we need to add a page of table of content between them. We don’t modify the number of whold table of contents as we maintain as pager. We just create a page with number 34-1.

The things is they want me to create a template, I think. So that they can type and edit the table of contents and eventually they can print out. This is the goal. I searched online, all what they did is create table of contents based on source document. Can anybody give me an idea how to create template or data entry form so that they can print out with required formate?
    Many thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    what a really clever idea by your organisation, lets reinvent the wheel, NIH syndrome to the fore

I'd suggest you tell 'em to make use of the ability to create ToC's and not tie up your valuable time.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yes, You are absolutely right. I agree with you. But my job is always do what they demand.