Red face Unanswered: Excel Checkbox transfer

Sorry all, I'm a bit slow when it comes to figuring out code, but realize it may save me tons of time here. Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate a similar situation through the posts here that I could fully understand.

Hopefully you can help.

I currently have hundreds of files that I need to database the information on. The files are word and html.

When I copy them into excel, I get

Question #1

X Answer 1
    X Answer 2
    X Answer 3
    X Answer 4

Question #2
    etc...

Where X is a checkbox (Only one is selected for each question, but the checkbox is located in the same field as the answer)

I'm trying to get them into the format of:

Question / Answer
    Question / Answer
    etc....

so that I can database them later and perform some queries.

I'm just stuck with how to detect the checkbox and get it to transfer it over to the new style.

I truly hope someone can help, as this will likely save me 140+ hours of work if I end up having to do it manually. Thanks,

Sorry, To clarify the checkbox type is "radio", the round version of the checkbox.

Suggest you try the "Shapes" collection to detect the shape (checkbox or whatever) and then investigate in VBA for the setting.

I just had a look, Shape(...).ControlFormat.Value might be helpful.

Transferring to your new style is probably going to be, for each question, via looping through the "answer" shapes and for the one option button that is "set" pasting a value - the current value of the loop counter - in your destination. So with answer options 1 to 4, loop through from 1 to 4 and when you find the button corresponding to the selected answer, paste the current value of the loop counter.

HTH,
    Fazza