Question Unanswered: Need to assign records to certain users

I want to assign records to users so they can call out on the selected records. This would allow them not to call out on the same record twice. I will be importing records from a list to populate the tables with the customer information. Here is where the problem lies. What would be the best way to assign the records out to each user (8 or more).

In a perfect world, I would like for them to be able to request 50 records at a time to allocate for themselves. So I don't have to physicaly do it myself 5 times a day. I am just worried of overlapping records. Thanks for any advise.

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't know what you're asking. Are you worried about record locking?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 1
    ok i think what you want is to be able to earmark a given no of records say having customer names and nos and assign them to the employees of the customer care deptt and thus no customer should go to more than one employee and all employees to auto get some designated number of customers assigned to them.

assuming this is what you want i think this is what you can do

you will ofcourse need to have a customer table, now
    in that have a field for the employeesID so in effect one customer can be assigned with one employeeID only

now to assign the employees you can run an update query with a where clause in which employeeID in the customer table is null, sort it in descending order and select top ten(or whatever No you want).The "update to" fd to be the employeeID field.
    now you can run this query in a loop where you can of course go through all the employeeIDs......

hope this is of some help

abhi

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Sorry for the late post. I have been sick alot.