Question Unanswered: Problem with OpenSchema

Hi, I have a problem with OpenSchema function in ADO. I work with Oracle database. Every time when i Open Table, Refresh Table, Update IndexDefs and so on, ADO calls OpenSchema and every time OpenSchema executes about 4 - 5 seconds, so when I have 20 tables in the database I wait about 2 minutes for my program to start. Do you have any idea why OpenSchema works so slowly?
    Thanks!

And why do you need to use OpenSchema (which I was not aware of until now) at all ?

Controls like ADODataSet and ADOConnection use it (I work with delphi). What do you suggest to avoid the usage of "OpenSchema" function

I dont know actually, I have never worked with ADO on Delphi (thought you were on VB.NET/VB). Perhaps there could be a setting under ADODataSet and ADOConnection controls to disable this behaivour ?

I don't think that this function can be disabled because this is a part of the communicaiton between the applicaiton and the database.

http://www.w3schools.com/ado/met_conn_openschema.asp

You only need the OpenSchema call if you need to gather information about the current open schema. If you want to access a known table, simply establish a connection, define the recordset and fire the query.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Thumbs up

OK, thanks a lot for the information!