Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'India will be the biggest superpower'

Who said that? See here
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

if they can only get rid of the plague...

But seriously I have read if India's demographic trends continue they will not have enough ground water and food to sustain themselves by 2050.

How can a superpower sustain itself if it has to import and pay for water instead of pumping it out of the ground?

Then there is the whole nastiness with Pakistan and the nuclear bombs.

The demographics over the same period of the USA do not look good with regards to maintaining an economic powerhouse but barring another 1930s dust bowl drought, there will enough food to go around for years and years to come. That's why we are the land of the fat poor people.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

...as opposed to the rest of the world; the lands of the skinny poor people.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

...after you become a "power", THEN you can start thinking about becoming a "super-power".

blindman

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    if they can only get rid of the plague...
    I was really surprised to get so few blows and this was especially meant for Tallcowboy
    Plague , Dear Thrasymachus,plz come out from your long sleep and see its not 1920s or 1930s,its 2006 lady.The world has changed a lot and so India.

That was a comment made by a gentleman from USA...
    Clyde Prestowitz, president of the think tank Economic Strategy Institute and one of America's top foreign trade experts, was a counselor to the secretary of commerce in the first Ronald Reagan administration.
    But seriously I have read if India's demographic trends continue they will not have enough ground water and food to sustain themselves by 2050.

How can a superpower sustain itself if it has to import and pay for water instead of pumping it out of the ground?
    Indian's agricultural growth...
    link1
    About agricultural export
    link2

India is a big country and has a lots of different region.
    Now for water,I tell you ,I am from north-east India,Kolkata.Here we have plenty of water and people here just waste water a lot.But the picture is different in Rajastan.
    Yea you are right that by 2050 there would be a water scarcity if water management is not done in time.But thats true for the whole world not only for India.

as opposed to the rest of the world; the lands of the skinny poor people
    The great Batman,I read very recently that aliens are coming to the earth for the fat people.And people from Las vegas has seen lots of aliens activity in that region.Aleins have a great taste for the fat one and USA is their favourite one .By the way, where do you stay??
    Last edited by rudra; 03-29-06 at 22:21.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

OK, now you are just freakin' me out.

blindman

The Earth, nor any country on it, has a water problem or water shortage.

more 70% of the planets surface is covered with water, and the oceans are deeper than the tallest mountans.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/BeataUnke.shtml
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/CuiMiuChin.shtml

What we DO have is a technology shortage of being able to cheaply and effeciently convert salt water into drinkable water.

and BTW.. we are working on that here in Hawaii.
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...602150342.html
    http://www.HawaiianHope.org
    Providing Technology services to non profit orgs, Homeless Shelters, Food Pantries, Clean And Sober Houses and more.
    To date we have given away over 900 free computers !

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    OK, now you are just freakin' me out.
    Some more about Las vegus
    Aliens Las Vegus
    Another

Aliens Abduction
    WE ARE NOT ALONE
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    Aliens Abduction
    WE ARE NOT ALONE
    Whaddaya know - alien abductees have a penchant for beaded jewelry presumably. Is that a side effect of probing?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

...after you become a "power", THEN you can start thinking about becoming a "super-power".
    ROFLMAO

Ouch...that's gonna leave a scar
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    I was really surprised to get so few blows and this was especially meant for Tallcowboy
    My friend, you have apparently judged me incorrectly. As a rule, I try not to judge a country by the few of it's people that I have met. Can't say I am always successful, but I try.

For instance, if I judged Calcutta and India in general from the only resident I have "met" (note the quote marks, 'cause I have not "met" anyone from there in the truest sense of the word), I would assume that India is an impertinent, self-important land of men kicking sand about the world sandbox.

I do not make such an assumption.

The second mistake in judgement that you make is apparently that I feel in some way compelled to care about the foolishness you espouse. *shrug* There is really no way you could compel me to offer any "blows" such as you fear. That would imply that I cared enough to deliver said blow, and I do not.

By all means though, keep posting in the way that is uniquely you. It is quite amusing.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by kropes2001
    The Earth, nor any country on it, has a water problem or water shortage.
    I know they are working on salination projects for sea water but you can not drink it straight and India will not be able to be self sustainable with regards to ground water because of their ever growing population problem.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    I know they are working on salination projects for sea water but you can not drink it straight and India will not be able to be self sustainable with regards to ground water because of their ever growing population problem.
    My boss (the Americanized Indian) says that there is now a growing shortage of women in India...so that may slow down the population after a bit.

...or not. But he seems to think it's a serious concern.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

Quote Originally Posted by TallCowboy0614
    My friend, you have apparently judged me incorrectly. As a rule, I try not to judge a country by the few of it's people that I have met. Can't say I am always successful, but I try.

For instance, if I judged Calcutta and India in general from the only resident I have "met" (note the quote marks, 'cause I have not "met" anyone from there in the truest sense of the word), I would assume that India is an impertinent, self-important land of men kicking sand about the world sandbox.

I do not make such an assumption.

The second mistake in judgement that you make is apparently that I feel in some way compelled to care about the foolishness you espouse. *shrug* There is really no way you could compel me to offer any "blows" such as you fear. That would imply that I cared enough to deliver said blow, and I do not.

By all means though, keep posting in the way that is uniquely you. It is quite amusing.
    He just assumed you were arrogant, egotistical, and short sighted because all Americans are.
    Joydeep, not all Americans fit this stereotype. Those are just the ones we elect.

blindman

He just assumed you were arrogant, egotistical, and short sighted because all Americans are.
    Joydeep, not all Americans fit this stereotype. Those are just the ones we elect.
    I am in no way short-sighted
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.