Unanswered: SetFocus using OpenArgs

Hi,

I've come across a problem in my application where when I close my search form to go back to the previous form, the Main Menu form seems to load on top of this form every time.

Since I will have more than one form opening the seach form to close them I have had to use the OpenArgs property to set the Form.Name in the DoCmd.OpenForm

To get round this problem I can use the SetFocus to set the previous form to display on top rather than the Main Menu form, but can I use the OpenArgs property as the form's name for SetFocus?

If so, how?

Thanks

You could pass the form name to the search form as an openarg in the same code that you're opening the search form with. Then set the focus back to that form in the search form closing code.

You may want to look into why your main menu insists on being the center of attention. I've never run arcross that problem and am curious.

Perhaps your main form is set to be "Popup".

Also, I tend to close any form not in use. Is it necessary for your main form to remain open?

Thanks, I've managed to sort this problem out now.

None of my forms were set to 'PopUp' apart from the search form.
    But I realised I could set acDialog to the WindowMode property in the OpenForm Method to set it as a popup form, which seems to have worked.