Talking Unanswered: [Developer Suite 10 g 9 0 4]Unzip

Hi,

This is my first post here, so I'm entitled to 1 beginner's mistake.
    Is it the right place to post threads about Forms and Reports?

My little bug of the day is about installing Developer Suite 10 g 904 in Windows.
    I have 2 files in c:\disk1 and c:\disk2, and normally I use zipgenius to extract the zips, except this time they look like they're self extractible, anyway I don't get a c:\stage directory to click on setup.exe.

Smile Next step: ORACLE HOME and Installer

Hi,

I solved the previous problem: I indicated c:\disk1 as unzip stage, the .exe created a c:\disk1\disk1 directory, I rename and copied it into c:\disk1, I ran setup, it told me that ...hold your breath ... it was installing from c:\....\temporary internet files!!!!

Now I am running the installer, obviously I had already installed Oracle 9 for windows, there is no ORACLE_HOME variable viewable from the cmd=>set command, anyway I get the message:
    oracle developer suite 10g ne peut pas etre installé dans un repertoire
    oracle home oracle9i.2.0.1.0 ( ou version superieure) existant
    Which I could translate:
    Oracle developer suite 10g can't be installed into an existing directory oracle home oracle9i.2.0.1.0 ( or newer version )
    Maybe I'll look into the heaves with regedit, the oracle_home variable might be set there.

Exclamation XP HOME won't work?

Hi again,

I created a c:\oracle\oradev9 directory and a DOS variable ORACLE_HOME with that path, and also ran wsf, this time the installer complains that there is'nt enough swap (>256 Mb) (in the installation profile screen), when I have 1500Mb. The readme.html mentions that the OS should be XP PRO. I shut down ORACLE 9 and Apache, MySQL and PHP, so there should be not too much ram users. I wonder which trick might make the installer believe he's on XP PRO?

Gimme Hope!

Cool Done!

Hi,
    I changed the swap parameter in XP Home control panel from auto to explicit and the install went till the end.
    Now I wonder where is the Java console that has to run in the background?

There's a new error in town

Hey, not too bad!

Now I can't even connect with sqlplus.

I get:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
    ORA-27101: Shared memory realm does not exist.

I tried reducing the swap to 1500Mb but it looks like there's another problem in my configuration.

I'll try to find what has happened to old oraerr

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Ready, Fire, Aim.
    You might want to visit
    http://tahiti.oracle.com/
    if you are willing to RTFM.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 4
    When everything else fails, read the Installation Guide. I can't understand the fact that you spent at least 8 (eight!) hours today trying to install Developer Suite with no result ...

By the way, lovely monologue you had today

Smile

Hi,

You're right, I have to read the manual.
    I posted many messages while waiting for a reply, that's because stating in writing then posting whichever trouble has a strange effect: I try to guess what's going to be answered in the background ( a little daemon ). It works. It's a project-management technique: Try to reduce the unknown at all costs, until I get 100% information.
    At the same time, now I know the weak points in my configuration vs what Oracle needs. I'll pay special attention when reading the guides.

Many thanks for your reply.