Unanswered: Querying an unbound field

I have a subform with an added date field that contains an argument, the subform field is not from a query, it is a field in a table but the date does not populate that field because i cannot bind it as well as having an argument in it
    so when i wish to query the date i am unable to. Is there a way to query the field without having to rehash all my tables (I did think bind it to a field in a table then add vb code - is this the only way). Appreciate any ideas?
    Regards Khartoum

Not clear on what you want, but from what I can tell, it sounds like you could add the actual date field on the sub form, just make it "not visible". That way it is available and you can keep your argumentative field.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tcace
    Not clear on what you want, but from what I can tell, it sounds like you could add the actual date field on the sub form, just make it "not visible". That way it is available and you can keep your argumentative field.

Good luck!
    The date field is actually visible on the form i.e:

Action Type - Action Completed - Review Date - Review Completed

Review 21/2/06 (If Statement in Tick Box
    field Properties)

When i enter a date in the Action Completed field, depending on action type
    the review date populates automatically. But because i have an argument in the field properties of the review date field i cannot query the review date. Hope this is clearer Thanks

Make the Review Date bound to the field on the table.
    Set an "After_Update" event on the Action Complete field.

Use code to assign the value to the Review Date field.

Access is telling you that a field can not be equal to two things at once. It is either equal to your expression, or it is equal to a data field. You can SET the field to a particular value by typing it in, or by using code.

Clear as mud? I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tcace
    Make the Review Date bound to the field on the table.
    Set an "After_Update" event on the Action Complete field.

Use code to assign the value to the Review Date field.

Access is telling you that a field can not be equal to two things at once. It is either equal to your expression, or it is equal to a data field. You can SET the field to a particular value by typing it in, or by using code.

Clear as mud? I hope this helps.
    That sounds good to me, i'll try it, much obliged!