Unanswered: Administration Server communication error

DB2 8.2 on Win2003

When I try to change configuration settings (from an admin client or on the server) via the GUI I get the following error:

SQL22212N A DB2 Administration Server communication error has been detected.

I can set the parameters via the CLI and the Configuration Advisor works fine just not the config params in the GUI.
    I can perform a db2stop and db2start on the system and I think the Admin server is cataloged properly (how do I verify this?)

I have 3 instances on this server and about 10 DB's

Any ideas?

Is the DB2 Administrative Server started? Check your Windows services. You can also try to start it with "db2admin start" from the command line interface.

If it is already started, stop it and restart (db2admin stop).

If that does not work, then drop the administrative instance and recreate it. See the Command Reference for details.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    Is the DB2 Administrative Server started? Check your Windows services. You can also try to start it with "db2admin start" from the command line interface.

If it is already started, stop it and restart (db2admin stop).

If that does not work, then drop the administrative instance and recreate it. See the Command Reference for details.
    Yes sorry I meant to say that I could do a db2admin stop and start, not DB2STOP and DB2START.

I'll try dropping and recreating the instance .. is that likely to cause disruption to DB's on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by meehange
    I'll try dropping and recreating the instance .. is that likely to cause disruption to DB's on the server?
    No, it should not cause any disruption to regular DB2 instances.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390