Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Various Functions in TSQL

Hi,
    I have a good collection of UDFs in my store,anybody interested to get those plz echo I want...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rudra; 04-04-06 at 01:49.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Provided Answers: 54
    Just curious, but why? This looks a lot like a "laundry list" set of functions that one vendor might make up to compete with another vendor based on "my tool is bigger than your tool" reasoning.

As a side note, whatever prompted you to write the Nth perfect number function? What possible purpose could that serve in a database ?!?!

I'm sure that you do good work, and the catalog makes me think that the documentation and implementation of the functions are good, but I can't understand why I'd want them. Did I miss something?

-PatP

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't think he is claiming to have written all of them.

And Perfect Numbers are extremely useful in numerology. My next database project, which will be designed to tell people's fortunes and predict natural disasters, will rely heavily upon Perfect Numbers.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

there is only one perfect number, and it is 937

all other numbers are mundane
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Hi Pat,
    This post was not for the gurus...it was for the ordinary guys like us...
    I just wanted to share some UDFs thats all..
    Well, Thanks to you,Rudy and Batman for making such wonderful comments.
    Believe me,I never thought the gurus will comment on this...
    Thanks,but I think there are no takers for my collection of UDFs.So I choose not to post the UDFs here.Anyway...
    Last edited by rudra; 04-04-06 at 14:26.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Based on Rudra's request via Private Message, I'm moving this thread to the Microsoft SQL Server forum. I think he might get more interest there.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    Thanks to you,Rudy and Batman for making such wonderful comments.
    to be fair, the thread was originally posted in Chit Chat, where everything is fair game

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    to be fair, the thread was originally posted in Chit Chat, where everything is fair game

Very true! The only reason that I moved the thread was because Rudra was thinking it might get some serious attention, and that seemed like a pretty remote prospect to me for a thread like this in the Chit Chat forum... Things tend to be somewhat "wild and wooley" in Chit Chat, but none too serious or technical!

-PatP

Its really surprising to find that nobody wants those UDFs?
    Well, now I find myself in the minority report,may be I am the only one...
    And yea Rudy, I always welcome blows in chit chat,they are spicy and hot...
    Good for taste and for health also...
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Provided Answers: 6
    How does this get into the SQL Server Forum and are somewhat but nerdy thread gets kicked to the Chit Chat hole?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    How does this get into the SQL Server Forum and are somewhat but nerdy thread gets kicked to the Chit Chat hole?
    Hey Sean, Don't you like my collection ? or too tired to see those...
    Take a nap and come back,I bet you would understand this shift...
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Provided Answers: 6
    I just took a look. Can't give an opinion really without seeing the code. But good job, you must have written sql all weekend.

I have some of this stuff already.

as for tired, not really but the blood sugar is all fracked up because I have'nt had chance to work out since Saturday.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I am curious to see the script for some of those functions (could you attach a text file?). So there you have it .. first bite

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    Rudra was trying to steer this puppy in a serious direction, and more or less everyone was trying to derail the other thread?

Heavens, I'm fine with both threads. Nobody was "naughty" in any way, it is just that the threads seem headed in different directions. I just think that they belong in the forums that they're in now based on their content and the direction that they seem to be headed.

If one of the other moderators disagrees, they can move the threads as they see fit. If a user disagrees, they can post a message or PM me, as they see fit.

-PatP

ok,here goes some from the collection ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep