Question Unanswered: DB2 machines connection problem

Dear All,

I have these three server (namely, A, B and C) installed with DB2 V5.
    I used "db2admin" account to install the DB2 in all three machines. The
    account db2admin was in Admistrator group.

Now the problem is, A and B are logined as db2admin, but C is normally logined as Administrator. There is no problem to access B's database from A,
    but couldn't from C! There is error "ADMINIST" doesn't have the authority to perform the requested command" when I tried to add a system referring to B from C.

I tried logging into B as "Administrator", but that didn't help. Any idea how to change the ID/Password in the DB2 instance in C? By changing the logon property in service? Well the server C is quite critical, so I cannot shut down the server/service even for a short time.

Please help!

afaik, in V5, using a user-id with length less than 8 characters is the only option to avoid this error .. You can explicitly mention the userid and password when you connect to the database ... like 'connect to db1 user user1 using pass1' ...

BTW, if you are talking about a ciritical system, are you aware that V5 has been out of service for atleast six years now...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s
    afaik, in V5, using a user-id with length less than 8 characters is the only option to avoid this error .. You can explicitly mention the userid and password when you connect to the database ... like 'connect to db1 user user1 using pass1' ...

BTW, if you are talking about a ciritical system, are you aware that V5 has been out of service for atleast six years now...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Thanks.

The ID is the problem. I had to logoff as administrator and relogin as db2admin. All the problems resolved.

I know V5 is not supported by IBM, but the decision maker said, we
    had no budget to upgrade blar blar blar... what's more, they are
    migrating to new server.

How 'big' are these machines ... If they can 'fit' into DB2 Express C licensing , you will be better off with the free community edition of db2 v8 than unsupported V5 ...

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.