Unanswered: SQLAnywhere 9.0.2/php5.1/Win2k

Has anyone been able to connect to a Sybase db via PHP5? I enabled the php_sybase_ct.dll extension and Apache starts w/o incident. When I attempt to connect to the db, I get an "Unable to allocate connection record" warning and the script dies. I then moved the php5_sqlanywhere9.dll module to the PHP ext dir and when I restart Apache I get an error "The procedure entry point _zval_copy_ctor could not be located in the dynamic link library php5ts.dll" and it cannot load the module. I realize this is probably a PHP issue, but i was hoping a Sybase user running PHP may help here.

when you say enabled, did you put the dll details into the php.ini file?

That's all there is to it and you should come in via PHP.

The extensions were correctly enabled in php.ini as well as placed in the php/ext dir. i am thinking the prob is with using SQLAnywhere. I am gonna dload easerver 5.2 and try that.

all I had do was make sure that it gets loaded correctly. That is have the dll in the php.ini file and restart Apache. The php_connect then works pretty much with trivial changes. Are you running the desktop edition of ASA(rteng.exe or the dbeng.exe) as opposed to dbsrv.exe

I uninstalled SQLAnywhere and installed ASE 15. Same problem. I upgraded to PHP 5.1.2 as well. The extension, php_sybase_ct.dll, loads and phpinfo shows the correct sybase info. I am stumped. It seems almost all of the info I Google regarding this is for nix installs.