if [ ! "$DT" ]; then
    stty dec
    tset -I -Q
    PS1="`hostname`> "
    ##### Add 04 April 2006
    export $INFORMIXSERVER=baan_hm
    export $INFORMIXDIR=/usr/informix/I731.FD11
    export $ONCONFIG=onconfig.baan

However, when I try to run the command onstat -d (some other parameters) I received the following error message:

GLS initialization failed, error -23101

May I know where and what should I change or do in order to make my ID able to perform the command?

Seok Bee

In "Informix Find Error" written

Unable to load locale categories.
    An invalid locale name was supplied for the locale initialization. The environment variable specifying the locale category has a wrong value.

Check the value of the corresponding environment variable, CLIENT_LOCALE or DB_LOCALE. If this error was encountered when using the "SET COLLATION" statement, check that the value passed to the statement is a valid locale. If this error was encountered when using the "SET NO COLLATION" satatement, check that the session's default locale file is still available. Also check if INFORMIXDIR points to a valid directory where IBM Informix products are installed.

If a client application receives this error when it requests a database server connection, check that the client and database locales are compatible. They are compatible if a valid locale exists on the server computer with the name lg_tr.codeset@mod, where lg_tr (language and territory) and mod (locale modifier) are from the CLIENT_LOCALE and codeset is from the database locale (from the DB_LOCALE, if it is set, or as stored in the database).