Question Unanswered: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Hi all.

I'm running a large data transaction and get the next error :

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

In this case, I process over many, many records, and then it finally indicated the server doesn't exist. This only occurs sometime.

I have SQLServer 2000 on Windows 2003 Server

Some idea how to solve this.

Thanks advanced

Wil.

How are you running this large transaction? VIA ODBC or something? Can you please give us a little more detail.

Thanks,
    -Kilka
    There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge. -HST

Just saw date.

I also have the same problem as Wil, i'm running my application on :
    ..... Windows Server 2003
    ..... SQL Server 2000
    ..... Delphi 6
    when i try to connecting the sql server with delphi application, then the error
    '[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQLServer does not exist or access denied.' raised.

I wonder if it's got anything wrong with the sql server instalation or the network system.

I'm desperately need help.

thank you
    mayra

Provided Answers: 54
    My first guess would be that you have not applied Service Pack 3a or later to SQL Server 2000. Windows Server 2003 won't allow SQL Server access to the network until after a current service pack is applied, in order to prevent malware such as Slammer from disrupting networks and the Internet.

-PatP

Wink Thank you Pat

Thank you Pat for your reply, i really appreciate that

I just read from the book "SQL Server 2000 Bible",that windows server 2003 is using the SQL Server 2000 enterprise edition, while i'm using the personal edition.
    So i think that's the main problem, then i started to re-install my sql server , and it works.

Thanks again Pat

mayra

KBA http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328306/en-us will explain the root cause to resolve the issue.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]