Question Unanswered: Search all fields...

I'm looking for an example of code behind a command button. I have a search form with two user-input text boxes. All matching records will display in a another form.

Anyone know of a sample I could work from?

--Kavanaugh

Lookup the OpenForm method of DoCmd. One of the parameters allows defining a Filter. This requires learning some basics of SQL, as the filter is a Where clause without the word Where. It is pretty easy to learn, however.

Example:
    Field is a number, and it is called PartKey. If I want the records where PartKey is greater than 23, the text is: "[PartKey] > 23"

You can use the query builder to help you learn how to wite basic SQL - after you create a query that does what you want, switch to SQL view to see how you would write it.

Thank you. I wish it were as simple as you say. I have been trying everything I can think of in VB to make it work.

The user's goal is to find a vendor that performs a particular job (criteria 1) in a particular location (criteria 2). The tricky part is that some vendors perform various jobs in various locations (i.e. multiple fields).

--Kavan

more complicated than you need, but example

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2