Unanswered: VB DLL not able to connect to db after upgrade

I am in the process of testing an upgrade to SQL Server 2000. One of the applications using a vb compiled dll to export data to excel. The dll was created here but I am unable to locate the source code. The dll works in our production environment without issue but will not connect with 2000. The only difference I see is that when we set up the ODBC connection, we now have to specify a default database where we used to be able to keep that as Master. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any dll decompiler's (not that there are any) that can assist me with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kknapp
    I am in the process of testing an upgrade to SQL Server 2000. One of the applications using a vb compiled dll to export data to excel. The dll was created here but I am unable to locate the source code. The dll works in our production environment without issue but will not connect with 2000. The only difference I see is that when we set up the ODBC connection, we now have to specify a default database where we used to be able to keep that as Master. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any dll decompiler's (not that there are any) that can assist me with this issue?
    You will never, ever be able to fully decompile a VB6 exe or dll to the original source code. It is impossible. Now, I believe there is at least one VB6 decompiler that will return VB code that you could compile to a working app again, but, since object names and constants are lost when the VB app was originally compiled, the code the decompiler produces is really difficult to read.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert