Unanswered: Crystal Reports Help

I am running a report for sales by territory and when i add the territory field, it freezes up the report. Can anyone help me please?

Question

Can you give us some more information about your report? Questions with more details are always more likely to get a response.

Have you searched this database for similar problems?
    What type af database are you working with?
    How many tables are you joining together?
    Is the Territory found in the primary table?
    What levels of sorting and grouping have you added?
    What worked - if it ever worked - and what changed that made it not work?
    How complex is your report - are there subreports?
    Did you start from scratch or with an existing report?

What do you mean "freezing" - can you terminiate the application or do you need to restart the pc?
    What version of the software are you running?
    Is it just this report - or does any report with the terrritory freeze?
    Do you get an error message?
    Does it happen on more than one workstation?
    Does it make a difference if you're running other appplications?

Sorry, I should have put more information on my request. It has date parameters and when the date parameters are longer than about one week it does not work. But if you do the report one to six days, it works fine. There are six tables. It is version 10.0.0.533. It is an MDB database. There is another similar report that works just like this one. It only works for less than a six day time period. I have the report grouped by Part ID and the Part ID's grouped by territory. It used to work just fine and I cannot think of anything that changed that would have caused it to stop working. There are no subreports, and I started from scratch. By freezing, I mean that the program stops responding and I have to terminate the program. Down in the bottom left corner of crystal it says it is accesing database and then it stops responding. It happens on all users and isn't affected by other open programs. Let me know if you have any ideas about this.

Thanks!

If I follow you correctly, the report works if your date parameters are less than one week apart and it hangs up if the difference is more than that.

Is there a big difference in the number of records returned when you change the date parameters? Some versions of MSAccess (mdb database) are notorious for crashing when the number of records is high and pc memory is low. The location of the database can affect the performance of the report as well - if the access database is on a network drive, it'll run slower and hang more often.

Does it work if you take the parameters out of the report completely? If so, it's not the amount of data causing it to hang. It's the way you're looking at it. You'll need to reorganize the table connections in CR to set the table with the date fields as the primary table for the report. This will reduce the amount of data that the report has to look at to apply the parameters. It will also speed up your report considerably.