Hello. My name is Nancy Donaldson and I am a Recruiter at PDS Technical Services. PDS Technical Services is a provider of contract staffing to Fortune 100 - 1000 companies in the Engineering and IT arenas.

We are seeking to fill a Oracle DBA/Developer position for a major employer in Herndon, VA.

Oracle DBA/Developer (JO#98759)
Assignment Length: 8 month (temp 2 direct)

Job description:
Design table structures for various reporting applications. Analyze performance and pro-activity recommend coding suggestions to improve performance. Maintain and manage index structures. Develop Logical Entity Relationship and Data Relationship Diagrams; Install and maintain database & service packs; Install and maintain patches and releases; Add new users; Grant user privileges to database tables; Create test and training instances of databases; Create scripts to copy data from one database to another; Create scripts to upload data; Create database links across multiple databases; Create views across multiple databases; Backup and restore databases; Review database log files; Apply stored procedures; Run toolkit/utility programs; Database tuning; Update statistics; Database reorganization; Adding and rebuilding indexes; Export/import databases; Check and maintain memory requirements and allocations; Check referential integrity; Review storage parameter for database objects; Clean up dynamic work tables; Purge report tables; Create and maintain roles; Analyze and validate structure; Check DLL compatibility. Create and maintain database scripts using SQLPlus. Create views for reports and assist users with table joins. Troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues. Troubleshoot compatibility, script and interface issues. Troubleshoot stored procedure error messages. Create triggers on tables based on user requirements. Create procedures using PL/SQL to provide business solutions. Create automated batch files for interfaces to / from various ERP Systems. Analyze functional requirements and design database layout. Test and deploy procedures and triggers. Develop Logical Entity Relationship and Data Relationship Diagrams. Troubleshoot problems. Troubleshoot data accessibility problems. Backup and restore data on servers. Maintain security and user access. Maintain connectivity between servers.

Job requirements:
Bachelor's Degree. Oracle Certified Professional with 10+ years of experience working with ERP systems, preferably Deltek. Must be proficient in PL/SQL and SQL scripts on Oracle V8.1.7 running on Windows 2003 to develop interfaces between Costpoint V4.0 HR & Payroll Modules and third-party systems. Possess the technical knowledge to build customized interface programs and the functional understanding of Human Resource and Payroll requirements. Must be U.S. citizen

Our client wants to move fast on this opening. If you are interested and are a very good fit, please reply immediately to this email with your updated resume (attached in Word format) and a phone number where I can reach you (reference JO#98759).

If you are not interested and you know of someone who is qualified and interested, please forward them my information.

If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail me at ndonaldson@pdstech.com or give me a call at (877) 418-3737.

I look forward to hearing from you

Thank you so much.

Nancy Donaldson
Recruiter
PDS Technical Services, Inc.
703.860.6190 x28102 phone
800.513.2294 facsimile
877.418.3737 toll free
ndonaldson@pdstech.com