Database research - don't know where to post

Hi!

My first post...not sure if its in right the place.

I am trying to do some resarch on different types of databases, e.g. Spatial, temporal, relational etc.

I want to compare the performance of these different types of databases when implementing different types of applications, e.g. CRM, financial data tracking etc.

However, i have no idea where to start. Anyone with any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

This is actually your second post... Your first post was looking for help with a different assignment.

What kind of help are you looking for? What sort of projects have you considered doing? What tools do you have available? What are your areas of expertise (consider your major and minor academic interests as strong guidlines here)?

We'll help, but hopefully you won't find anyone willing to do even 10% of your assignment for you. You really have to put some personal effort into these projects, or you'll get nothing from your education!

-PatP

Im not looking for someone to do my work...just for some direction.

I have actually completed programming an online business application using php and MySQL. This was a project for university. Part of this project was to research different types of databases and suggest which type is most suited for such an application. Hence, i need to find a/some source(s) from which i can analyse performance. I thought someone here may know of such a source/work.

Ok, that sounds good.

What kind of help are you looking for? What sort of projects have you considered doing? What tools do you have available? What are your areas of expertise (consider your major and minor academic interests as strong guidlines here)?

-PatP

guidance - surely your lecturers should be able to give you guidance as to an appropriate project for you university work?

presumably it will be assessed?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Well....i have actually completed the project.

This database research is a little extra, a bit of an addition to the conclusion of the main project work - development of an online business application.

I want to be able to analyse how effecient different types of databases are by maybe looking at existing papers or other sources. I don't want/need to develop a system which analyses performance.

Hope this makes sense

Google is a great tool.

I did a google search for "Spatial Database" - the very first hit was one pointing to the University of Minnesota's Spatial database research group.

Then I tried "Temporal Database". The second hit, wikipedia, pointed me to the TimeCenter.
    Last edited by loquin; 04-11-06 at 14:41.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert