Lightbulb Unanswered: how to output registery folder names and key inside it in to listbox?

Hi all .

I have a problem retrieve the usernames and Id stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xyz\123\

usernames are not not stored as string, the usernames are stored as the folders name inside of the 123 directory. For example, the program has 3 usernames stored in the registry; cat, panda, lion. So these are the folders :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xyz\123\cat\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xyz\123\panda\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xyz\123\lion\

inside each username folder there is a key called Id and I want to print the username foldernames and the value of ID key inside each usename folder into a listbox. I appreacite if an expert show me how to achive this task.Thanks

VB's built-in registry functions should get you started.

They store the data in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\appname\section\key

If you want more control (at the cost of potentially damaging the registry) you can declare the Windows API functions & use them.

Or, there are scads of wrappers that have been written. Here's one: http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=242994
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert