Unanswered: Unbound Forms in Countinuous form view

[Wrong phrasing] Hi, how can I create an unbound form which will be displayed in continuous form view?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

================================================== ==================

[Rephrase]
    How do I populate an unbound form with data from the database and then display it in continuous form view
    Last edited by scripts82; 04-16-06 at 21:47.

Well you just select that setting ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Don't know if you figured it out yet, but you have to open the properties for the form and in the All tab look for Default View and select Continuous from the list.

Hi, maybe I phrased my question wrongly...

what I meant is how do I populate an unbound form with data from the database and then display it in continuous form view.

So far, I have only managed to populate the form in single form view.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by scripts82
    Hi, maybe I phrased my question wrongly...

what I meant is how do I populate an unbound form with data from the database and then display it in continuous form view.

So far, I have only managed to populate the form in single form view.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    HI scripts82,

It's all in how you set up your Tables, and the Relationships between them. Then you construct a Query that uses both tables which will more than likely be a One-To-Many Relationship. Then you base your Form/SubForm on that query and your SubForm will have the ForeignKey that ties it to the MainForm. That will be your linking fields.
    It's like this: One Table named Orders and one named Vendors. One-To-Many Relationship would be VendorsID as the PrimaryKey in the Vendors table and the VendorsID as the ForeignKey in the Orders Table as one Vendor can have Many Orders. That should get you on your way.

have a nice one,
    BUD

Hi bud,

That's still not what I meant.
    Let me explain my problem.

I am using MS Access as the front end to connect to MS SQL server.
    I have a form that will pull data from a view (vwMyData) on MS SQL Server.

My issue here is this:
    All along, I have been using bound forms. This makes data pulling very simple as MS Access handles it for me.

However, what I need now is to NOT use a Bound Form. This will mean that I will need to load the data from vwMyData into the form at runtime.

This is easily done if I am using a single form view. The problem now is I need to view the data in continuous form view.
    So, my question now is how can this be achieved?
    i.e. how can I use an UNBOUND Form that will display all the data from vwMyData in a continuous form view.

Thanks.

"i.e. how can I use an UNBOUND Form that will display all the data from vwMyData in a continuous form view." - as far as I know, you can't. You will need to use some kind of binding, but you can do it at runtime.

What is this binding, then? In my eyes, it means every controlsources of every control contains the name of a field in the recordsource of the form. The recordsource of the form can be either permanently assigned (property dialog), through assigning a table, query or sql string dynamicly (me.recordsource = <your sql, table, query ...>), or you can assign recordset. If I've forgotten, something, please chime in.

For recordsets, check out the following two links
    (2002/2003) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281998/EN-US/
    (2000) http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;227053

I haven't tried it for continuous forms, though.
    Roy-Vidar

Hi Roy-Vidar,

Yep I get what you mean. Looks like I will need to look at other options...

Thanks!