Question Unanswered: 1:Removing security; 2:Error "unable to locate switchboard toolbar"

Hello,

I'm not an Access pro - I know a medium amount about Access but have never used security. My company wants me to take an Access 97 database created by a third-party vendor with security (no passwords) and convert it to 2003.

I've been able to import all the tables, forms, queries, macros, etc. into two new 2003 databases and link them but the switchboard isn't working. There is an error message that says "unable to locate switchboard toolbar." I don't think this is going to get me very far, though.

Ideally I'd like to either remove the security from the 97 database and then convert it; in both converted databases (tables and forms/queries/macros), I don't see relationships defined, and this is a pretty extensive database.

Thanks in advance for your help!

have a look at the Options button in the File/GetExternalData/Import dialog

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you didn't simply use Acc2003 to convert the Acc97 file for you?

As long as you run a find and replace to add "DAO." in front of all DAO declarations, it will probably work on convert. For example:
    Code:
    Convert:
    Dim rsData As Recordset

To:
    Dim rsData As DAO.Recordset
    good luck,
    tc

Quote Originally Posted by tcace
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you didn't simply use Acc2003 to convert the Acc97 file for you?

As long as you run a find and replace to add "DAO." in front of all DAO declarations, it will probably work on convert. For example:
    Code:
    Convert:
    Dim rsData As Recordset

To:
    Dim rsData As DAO.Recordset
    good luck,
    tc
    Thanks - as I mentioned, I'm no Access pro, and I've only found vb as a result of accidently hitting ctrl+g, so I wouldn't know what to do when I got there. When I try to open/convert the database when I'm NOT on the PC of the current user, it gives me the error: Microsoft Access can't open or convert this previous version database.@The database was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Access. You don't have appropriate security permissions to open or convert databases created in earlier versions.

izy - I'll try the options - thanks!

Checking some of the options somehow worked - thanks!