Unanswered: View line breaks in textbox on a report

Hi guys

I have a report summary which will display the total comments and feedback from a survey. I am trying to make the report scalable as the comments boxes will only get bigger as more people fill them in. I have already written a fxn to store all the comments in a single field, each comment separated by a line break. My next problem is getting the report to acknowledge them! At the moment they are just showing up as a linebreak box. How can I manipulate the textbox to read the linebreaks as well as the text?
    Thanks a lot,

Kate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails linebreaks_example.JPG  

I'm not sure what your function does but try using vbCrLf for your line break.

Code:
    line1 & vbCrLf & line2
    wiil look like
    Code:
    line1
    line2

Nice one campster,
    I had been using: sql & Chr$(13)
    vbCrLf works a treat.
    Cheers for that

Ah, one more quickie.
    When you count the length of a string, does a linebreak count as 1 character?
    I need to remove the last linebreak from the string. At the mo, my code looks like:
    Code:
            sqlLength = Len(sql)
            sql = Mid$(sql, 1, sqlLength - 1)
    but it doesn't seem to remove it? Not sure it can't be treated as a normal character, perhaps and I need to find the last linebreak first? But if I do find it then, do I use the Replace fxn and replace the break with a "" (empty char)?

There is probably a better way to do it but vbCrLf is actually 2 characters. A carriage return and a line feed. your code sould work if you use -2.

I'm sure that the real access guys can provide a more efficient approach.

Provided Answers: 59
    you could test if the last charcters in your sentance were insode (or outisde) and acceptable range using ASC() to convert the specified character to a number and take appropriate action.

right$(), Mid$() and ASC() functions will be worth a look

HTH
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton