Question Unanswered: SQL Clustering with load balance

For our application we are planning 4 Appserver/webservers with load balancing and 4 SQL servers in cluster with active/active setup. We are looking for some info on the active/active setup for SQL server 2000 Clustering.

1. Which cluster node replication method (2n, 2n +p or n+1) we should go for.
    2. How operating system "windows 2003 server" should be configured and its role in failover.
    3. How active/active failover setup for SQL Server 2000 really works and how much data loss happens in case of failover.
    4. For web applications, how the session state is managed in SQL Clustering

Provided Answers: 1
    Who is "we" and is "we" willing to pay for the consulting services "we" are asking for?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Many questions, many of them can be anwered with Google.

I will say this: SQL Server active/active clustering ain't Oracle RAC clustering. It's two nodes, wholly independent of each other. There's no automatic balancing or load distribution. SQL Clustering (active/active or active/passive) is more about high availability than load balancing.

As for web session state management, I'm assuming you're talking about ASP.NET session state management using a database. Again, SQL Clustering is more about availability, not performance or load distribution. So the ASP.NET session "database" is maintained on a a single SQL instance just like any other instance.

You need to do more research on your own, refine your questions and be a bit more specific; this is a technical assistance forum, not someplace you should come to expecting free answers to business problems.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Question Regarding sql clustering

Yes, I am looking for Asp.net.

Can someone help me at my below questions?
    ========================

For our application we are planning 4 Appserver/webservers with load balancing and 4 SQL servers in cluster with active/active setup. We are looking for some info on the active/active setup for SQL server 2000 Clustering.

1. Which cluster node replication method (2n, 2n +p or n+1) we should go for.
    2. How operating system "windows 2003 server" should be configured and its role in failover.
    3. How active/active failover setup for SQL Server 2000 really works and how much data loss happens in case of failover.
    4. For web applications, how the session state is managed in SQL Clustering

Provided Answers: 54
    I was really torn trying to figure out how to process an RFH request like this, so I decided to go with straight answers from personal experience.

1. I'm in favor of 2n by X.
    2. It should be configured in a brightly lit room, with lots of background noise. The OS rarely causes a failover.
    3. Fairly well, and none if properly configured.
    4. Using cookies.

-PatP