Thread: screen messages

Unanswered: screen messages

Hello. I worked with Paradox for Windows and Object Pal for almost fifteen years before switching to Access. One thing I haven't figured out how to do yet in Access is to display messages on the screen without interrupting the running of the code.

Paradox has a "message" command. eg.

message("first query completed")

will write "first query completed" in the bottom bar of the screen without stopping the code.

Is there anything similar in Access?

TIA.

I'm sure that there is something that I am overlooking but you could always put textbox in the footer of your form and use it as a status bar. Just post whatever you what in the box as your code is processed.

Just as I thought. I did a quick google search and found numerous sites on how to use the Access status bar. i used "access status bar" as my search string.

Provided Answers: 6
    I assume you've already found this with your search. For others searching here, the VBA method you want to look at is "SysCmd". This is cleaner than using a textbox.
    Paul

Great. I did the Google and the first site that came up had the code I needed. I've been looking for that for months. What's that old Indian saying?

"Men don't stumble over mountains; they trip over pebbles."

Thanks a lot.

Should you decide to update the text in a control on the screen (a label caption or a text box value, for example) in the middle of a routine, immediatly follow with
    Code:
    Me.Repaint
    tc