Unanswered: Option Explicit ... or so I thought

There must be some stupid little thing I am overlooking.

Access 2003, in code, have the option "Require Variable Declaration" set to true as good little programmer.

The module has "Option Explicit" at the top. One minute, the compiler is eagerly catching undeclared variables, the next, it's suddenly dumb and blind.

Now I can purposely mispell a variable, or "accidently" comment out a declaration, and the compiler no longer catches it.

I saved, exited, counted to ten, drank some wine, read bedtime stories to my kids and finally came back and the problem persists.

Ideas welcome - thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 59
    I've seen soemthing similar to this when you have a pre existing compilation problem. ie a fault introduced since the last compile, but not neccesariliy in the area you are working on (it could be in another object (form,report module etc...). if the IDE spots such a fault it will stop doing any other checking

I'd suggest try a full compile to see if that shows any errors (outside the ones youare already! aware of that is).

HTH
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I'll check it out. Thanks!

tc

Why heelllooooo. Do you come here often Mary?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Why heelllooooo. Do you come here often Mary?
    Down boy ... Down ... I SAID DOWN! Quit cuddling with "Mary" like that ... Sheesh, Get a room.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Here's an update:
    In typical Microsoft fashion, I closed everything, shut down and walked away.

The next time I opened it (here's where Murphy and his law comes into play) I was demonstrating the program to somebody and the Option Explicit requirement was once again being enforced - giving me lot's of error messages ...

Whatever the problem was, a reboot fixed it.

tc