Efficient storage technique of future

Hi/Nomoskar/Namaste,
    Can anybody tell me anything in this matter?
    Which is the most efficient way to keep data ? Is it relational way or something else? Can we cut the size down and make it smaller by using relational structure?I mean ,can a huge quantity of data reduced to a smaller size by relational structure?
    Well, I know the difference between data and knowledge.I was just wondering how so much of knowledge and data are kept in our brains.What is that mechanism?Is it relational or something more smarter than that....
    Not only knowledge but a huge quantity of data is also stored in our brain.But the size doesn't increases.So the brain is using a more smarter technique than the current database have?
    I think "Brain" is the greatest RDBMS of the whole world. Isn't it?
    Want to hear comments on it?
    Last edited by rudra; 04-19-06 at 16:02.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

My comment? I don't think you know much about neurology.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    My comment? I don't think you know much about neurology.
    Wrong.. To think that with all the technology we have we can't even begin to say that we know exactly how the brain works...link
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

hola\ привет\ hei

I think your brain must be fit to burst Joydeep with all these ideas whizzing around in there. What would Batman think?

Who knows - maybe Mr Pascal would have an opinion or two on this little topic too...
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    Wrong.. To think that with all the technology we have we can't even begin to say that we know exactly how the brain works...link
    I think that with all the technology we have we can't even begin to say that we know approximately how the brain works.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    hola\ привет\ hei

I think your brain must be fit to burst Joydeep with all these ideas whizzing around in there. What would Batman think?

Who knows - maybe Mr Pascal would have an opinion or two on this little topic too...
    Disconnected thoughts ...again.. ...Thanks pootie for the reminder..
    where are u Batman?I am ready...
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Disconnected thoughts ...again..
    I see the connections Joydeep

One thing we do know about the brain's storage mechanism - there is redundancy built in through duplication. I bet it doesn't even make 2NF.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I see the connections Joydeep

One thing we do know about the brain's storage mechanism - there is redundancy built in through duplication. I bet it doesn't even make 2NF.
    When we try to retrieve any info about the past,sometimes our brain doesn't get the right one but searches a related info and then gets the required one.
    And sometimes our query starts and remain active in the background and after a certain period without any prior notice it flashes the result.That also really facinating....and yea it always keeps some vital info about a certain things and periods.And often it deletes some useless info ....yea I find a lot of resemblance between database and the Brain...
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

unfortunately, human memory is also unreliable, and it tends to alter memories.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

I think "Brain" is the greatest RDBMS of the whole world. Isn't it?
    Who's brain? Some people seem to be running SQL Server, while other's dont' seem to have gotten far past Excel.

The Brain operates like a neural network (guess why its called a neural network...), which gets high marks for creativity but low marks for reliability, even when implemented electronically.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com