Thread: Any db tools?

Any db tools?

Firstly, I'm just quite new to database.

I had leant the mySQL during the lectures before and had done the little project (PHP) via Macromedia Dreamweaver. I managed to done it from nothing i knew bout dreamweaver, PHP and mySQL. Now, i would like to learn to create a database, i knew that i can use mysql as i'm more familiar with. But, i don't have the Dreamweaver software, so creating the PHP file with link to the db is another problem for me without Dreamweaver. So may i know os there any open source software to create such PHP file as the simpler gui to store, delete, and edit the data inside database, instaed of typing lots of commands in console? I had found some open source PHP editor, but all need to be edit in a command form, which i'm not really study into the html and php code. so i prefer a design based editor like dreamweaver.

another curious i want to ask, is there any other way to build the gui besides PHP? or any solution to enable a normal user to modify the content of database easily, like the db of Microsoft Access?

Thanks for your help.

have you tried the trial or dreamweaver? and i think you can use other languages such as cold fusion.
    http://pchelpworld.awardspace.com < Free PSP/PC Help Now!

cold fusion?

could explain more bout cold fusion?

you dont actually need dreamweaver to create PHP scripts that access a DB. there is a pretty good editor out there called HTML-KIT from Cmai.com

Cold fusion is a great product, but if you are already familiar with PHP & MySQL, then why start larnign all over.

if you have copies of the scripts you created under dreamweaver then your will have good start on creating your nesxt PHP site.

personally I use HTML-KIT in a windows environment and any old text editor under Linux. The art as they say is in the code, not the tool.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I believe the correct site is chami.com...
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

a great product for Mysql would be Navicat. But if you want a freeware, try SQLYog.