Unanswered: Login failed for user '(null)'

Need help for this error ---- [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

while accessing vb6 datareport through citrix client which is accessing sql2000 I got the above error msg.

vb6 datareport use the oledb provider for odbc driver with dsn for connection.It is working fine if run it locally and problem occured only through citrix client.

Thanks in advance for help.

Check if connection string is correct on the citrix client.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

Provided Answers: 11
    In your connection (or in the ODBC) are you trying to use a trusted connection, or a SQL Server login?

application with vb6 datareport - Server A
    sqlserver 2000 - Server B

vb6 Datareport connection in dataenvironment using Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC Drivers

and I tried both the options.
    1.Use data source name with DSN
    2.Use connection string with DSN

If I connect Server A through remote(mstsc) and datareport is working fine.But if i try through

citrix client(Server A having citrix server installed) I got the error due to citirx open the application
    with anonymous user account.

Any idea how to rectify this using DSN Connection through citrix?

I can see two possibilities here.

1) Change the datareport application to use a SQL Server login.

2) Change the Citrix Service to log on as a domain account, and grant that domain account access to whatever the Datareport application needs on the database.

I am not certain if 2 will work, but 1 should. Keep in mind that using ODBC you have to make sure that two places are set to SQL authentication, because if either uses Windows authentication, it will override the username/password that you supply in your connection string.

All applications uses same DSN which is created using windows authentication(not possible to change into sqlserver login) and i tried for this utility application(same DSN used) in dataenvironment connection using sqlserver connection with username and password by uncheck the trusted connection.But still problem persists.Still any hopes are there?

It is beginning to look a bit dim. I am betting that the Citrix process can not use the user's credentials for any purpose outside it's own realm (thus it goes to the database as user 'Null'). I think that is called "Impersonation", and there was a bit of a scary way to do it in AD, but it has been a couple years since I read that article.