Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to get your site one google?

how do you get your site on google, ive got it on msn 33 times, and on aol, but no direct link to my site on google. I've included robots.txt scripts, meta tags, nice layout basically everything and i just cant get on. Ive waited like 1 month, and i cant get onto dmoz.org. Anyone else been able to get on any of these sites?
    http://pchelpworld.awardspace.com < Free PSP/PC Help Now!

did you submit your site to google? if so, you just gotta wait, it can take months and months
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I have to say that I find this amusing! I'm usually trying to figure out how to keep sites off of Google, AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc searches, often going to outrageous lengths to keep them off, and other folks are having problems trying to get theirs on... There's just no justice in the world!

-PatP

i have tried to put as many links to my site as i can on other sites, i have put all the meta tags, i have submitted to over 400 search engines and i have got it on msn, will google bot crawl msn and find my url? also how often does google bot run?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddocks
    i have submitted to over 400 search engines
    oh no, say you dittn

it was probably a waste of time and money

you know that you're on the wrong type of forum for these questions, don't you?

this is a database forum, you should be on a webmaster forum like sitepointforums.com
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by Maddocks
    i have submitted to over 400 search engines and i have got it on msn, will google bot crawl msn and find my url? also how often does google bot run?
    Why? The blasted search engines seem to find new pages within a few hours of the page going live. Once their web spiders traverse your page, it takes at most 90 minutes or so before that page becomes searchable (at least for me).

-PatP

sorry for posting here, it was free to submit my site to these search engines

put the URL for your site in your signature here at dbforums and it might help Google scan your site quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitkumar
    put the URL for your site in your signature here at dbforums and it might help Google scan your site quickly.
    and you know what? you could maybe not use such a large and gaudy font, because google can read it just fine at normal size
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Ok, sorry i'm going to fix that now, thanks everyone

thanks

all i wanted to say was "thanks" but apparently that wasn't enough, so i added this sentence

rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Don't be a dead-end.

You want just as many links leaving your site as entering it. Google seems to like sites that both have lots of links in and out. The more relevent the content to the links and visa versa the better.

I found that using Adwords, the free google Adsense sitesearch (they gotta spider your site for it to work), and Google Analytics worked pretty good for me. There's a new tool out, I gotta try it still, but it looks like what your looking for: Google Sitemaps

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    and you know what? you could maybe not use such a large and gaudy font, because google can read it just fine at normal size
    Pfff - I'm not sure I would take the chance. Maybe it will take more notice if each letter is in a different colour and font too.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Is your site written in HTML or is all graphics? If it is all graphics, the google search spiders (and any others for that matter) cannot read it. A lot of sites are created these days using fireworks or a similiar program and they do not have the content that can be read by the spiders.

Does it matter if the site is commercial? As far as I understand, it does. Commercial sites compete with many other sites. Google supposedly gives higher marks for non-commercial sites and I assume that Google is eager to get paid to give a commercial site a higher mark.

My site is non-commercial and I was surprised to see it as the first result when I searched for other samples of something in my site.