Calling All Database Design Guru

Ok, not sure what is the right/best way to go about designing this. I need a database that allow a User (admin) to own many Company and a Company can have many Property. A User can also create multiple users (non admin) to help manage certain Company and/or Property. For example, "Company A" have "Property A", "Property B", and "Property C". The admin assigned the new user to manage "Company A", along with "Property A" and "Property B", but not "Property C". Another example might be, a new user can only manage Property A, B, or C, but not "Company A". I hope all you guru understand what I am trying to say. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure that I understand very well. Can you post a reference to the assignment, or at least scan it in for us?

-PatP

More Info

Thanks for the quick reply Pat. This is just a little self learning project, so I don't really have any assignment references to go by. Lets give this one more try on my part.

1. The web application is built to keep track of commercial properties. A property is owned by a company. A company can have many property.

company--->property

2. One or more user can be created to manage one or more company.

user--->userCompany<---company

3. One or more user can be created to manage one or more property.

user--->userProperty<---property

Am I going in the right direction? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I'd create a total of six tables. Three tables for objects, one table for each of the kinds of objects you're tracking (users, companies, and properties). Three tables for relationships, one for company-owns-property, one for user-manages-property, and one for user-manages-company. I would probably want to include attributes in the relationship tables to show when each relationship starts and ends, since there are often problems when
    I don't keep track of that!

-PatP